Financing Fundamentals for Technology Companies (Ottawa)
A Primer for Raising Public Venture Capital
Capital raising is one of the biggest challenges an emerging technology company encounters on its path to growth. Part of this challenge is to understand the options that are available to a company as it works to capitalize its business. Having insight into the trends, structures, terms, and regulation concerning early-stage funding is a critical toolkit that early-stage technology entrepreneurs must possess to give them the best chance for funding success.
The Canadian Securities Exchange, along with event co-sponsor MNP LLP have come together to present an educational forum focused on the process of raising public venture capital for early-stage technology companies.
This session is catered to private and public technology companies as well as capital markets and government professionals. Presentations will focus on securities regulation in Canada, financing activity and trends, legal hurdles and risks, accounting insights and basic information on the emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency spaces.
In addition to the above topics, there will also be fireside chats featuring entrepreneurs from publicly listed, and private technology companies who will share their perspectives, insights and hands-on experiences.
Questions? Contact James Black by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 778-847-2071 for more information.
- 8:30 am - Registration & Check-in
- 9:00 am - CSE Introduction and Update - “The Exchange for Entrepreneurs” and the Funding Ecosystem in Canada
- 9:20 am - Legal Presentation - Overview of Fundraising Legislation in Canada (Common Exemptions, Offering Documents, and Share Structure Guidelines)
- 9:40 am - Crowdfunding - A Tool for Raising Pre-Public Financing
- 10:00 am - Break
- 10:15 am - Trends in Canadian Technology and Funding - Observations and Best Practices from a Venture Banker
- 10:45 am - ICOs - A Primer
- 11:00 am - Presentation from MNP - Accounting Considerations for Tech Companies
- 11:15 am - Lessons Learned from the Field - A Fireside Chat
- 11:30 am - Close
(Schedule subject to change)
Google CalendariCal Export